Pages

03 March 2012

NZ Paperchase March Challenge

This month over at NZ Paper Chase the challenge is to create a layout based on a sketch.  This is my take on it.

This is one of the polymer clay flowers I made from a mold - painted and patina waxed.  Love how it came out - and I love that it's lightweight enough to use on a layout.

In my previous post, I wrote about the amazing layered stencils from Stencil1.  Here is the butterfly I made, starting with Distress Ink on plain old card stock, then texture paste detail, painted and waxed.  IRL it has a very velvety look.  I adorned it with a soft brown feather (from a Christmas decoration!)
So pop along to the NZ Paper Chase blog to see the sketch - I challenge you to come up with your own take on it!  Great prize for the winnner!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your encouragement Maggie! :) Its great to meet you! You make lovely things!

Heather Jacob said...

soooooooooooooooooo yummy .. love the soft colors and the design is fabulous as is the elements .. love metal embellies xoxox

Sandie said...

Gorgeous! Love the rose embellishment and the butterfly too. Must get some of those stencils..cute photograph too!

Unknown said...

I am in love with your scrapbook pages and always look forward to the new techniques you share with us. Your clay flower is exquisite and I'm going to give it a try. I'm also going to check out those stencils because your butterfly turned out really lovely.
Another beautiful page to cherish!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Maggie Hugs Elaine