Pages

24 January 2012

Simple Stories

I discovered the Simple Stories range of Scrapbooking papers last year, they are suitably grungy with a vintage look so naturally a selection of their papers found their way into my stash!  I used some of the Life Documented range to complete the NZ Paperchase Monthly Challenge - where the focus of the layout had to be on the words rather than the photo.  To boot, the journalling had to represent a recipe of some kind.

I used loads of stucco texture past, Lumiere Acryllic and distress ink on this layout.  I created 2 pop-up cards (a la Karen Burniston) that when opened reveal a photo of my mother.  The journalling is a 'recipe' for the things my mother taught me.  And lots of fussy cutting of the teeny paper doillies around the edge!





I also dipped some small white roses into the Lumiere paint and let them dry.  Really cool effect - almost like a metal flower.  There's one on the top of each card.

Busy today finishing a layout for the Scrapaholics February Kit club.  All will be revealed later!

Have a great day.

2 comments:

Sandie said...

Hi Maggie, your project and cards are beautiful. The detail is amazing...

Donna B. said...

Wow Maggie! That is a beautiful and amazing layout!! Love all your details and how you put it all together - it's amazing!

Also, I wanted to thank you for the kind words you left on my blog Monday. I really appreciate them.