Pages

22 February 2012

'Frame It' Challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs

I've been enjoying playing with my Cheery Lynn Designs dies (again) and I have to say that their frame dies offer so much potential.  I created a card today for the 'Frame It' challenge, using my favourite Daisy Lace Frame.  Reminds me so much of a beautifully ornate wrought iron fence - the sort you'd likely see in Florence or somewhere equally as romantic!

I first created the Daisy Lace die cut from cardstock then adhered it to scrunched up Tim Holtz printed tissue paper to get a bit of texture going on behind it.  Then I gave it a paint with watered down white acrylic paint to give it a base from which to work from. This also enabled the diecut to 'sink' into the tissue. Using gold patina wax and Distress Stain in Victorian Velvet, I built up the layers to give it a pale pink/gold vignette.  Once dry I rubbed a conservative amount of black ink over the raised areas with my fingertips.  To finish, I applied Liquid Pearls to the perimeter to give it a studded look.

The cameo is my own creation using a mold, which I inked up to give it the pink/gilt effect.  I mounted the cameo on another Cheery Lynn Designs die from the Coved Rectangle Classic stack.  The seam binding I hand dyed with Victorian Velvet Distress Stain to ensure the colours throughout were uniform.  And the clock hand and watch part are courtesy of my local manufacturing jeweller.  Thanks Mr Honeybun (yes - that is his name!).  The centre of the watch hand is filled with a few pink seed beads.


Thanks for visiting.  I'd love you to leave a comment, especially those visitors from far away!

6 comments:

Sandie said...

Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous!! Such a good imagination Maggie ... love, love, love it. Thanks for taking part in the challenge this week on Cheery Lynn Designs.
P.S You forgot to put DT after your name on the inlink tool 'thingo-ma-bob'. LOL

shulsart said...

My goodness, what a beauty, it looks like polish metal. Good luck and thanks so much for joining in on the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs.

Jodi said...

GORGEOUS!!!! What a cool technique!! It turned out just fabulous! Good Luck and Thanks for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Celeste Glover said...

Hello from across the pond! Absolutely loving this. Well done you! Good luck in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs.

Lisa Walker said...

gorgeous, love the handmade embellishment

yanmaneee said...

fitflop sale
converse outlet
off white jordan 1
nike huarache
yeezy shoes
converse shoes
adidas yeezy
russell westbrook shoes
adidas yeezy boost
christian louboutin shoes